25th Anniversary and Charity Event – Founding Members Inspirational Story
Date(s) - 9 September 2021
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
The Beverley Barn
Come and meet the Loose Women of East Yorkshire
Nearly 30 years ago the idea of a women’s social group was discussed. Hull at that time was a different world and this informal uplifting chat by the founding members will give you an informative and at times hilarious insight into the business world at that time. These ladies have some amusing politically incorrect stories, bags of personality and business savvy, join us for an entertaining and inspirational night. You will hear about the challenges of setting up Women In Business and how after a few years the Women Of Achievement Awards was created. Those early years laid the foundation for what is now one of the most popular and well attended business events in the East Riding. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about your group and to meet new and founding members.
- 6.30pm Welcome drink compliments of Alice Maltby of Little Wold Vineyard in the beautiful Beverley Barn Reception area with networking opportunities plus live music compliments of violinist Louise Sanderson.
- 6.50pm Light supper buffet in the dinning area with 8 per table (can be plated upon request) and opportunity to buy raffle tickets £5
- 7.30pm 25th Anniversary cake served compliments of Judy Newlove of Sugar ‘n’ Spice Cakes
- 7.40pm Welcome & introductions from your Chair
- 7.55pm Charity introduction from HER Breast Friends chair Pam Trays
- 8.00pm Founding members inspirational talk plus Q&A
- 9.15pm Raffle drawn and thanks
- Hand made chocolates to take home compliments of Ellie Birch at Elliegantly Made
- 9.30pm Carriages
Guest speakers: Founding members: Ann Gray, Catherine Lilley, Jan Emptage, Janice Rawlings, Victoria Aitken and Yvette Stafford.
This event celebrates our 25th Anniversary, fundraises for a fantastic local charity and is an inspirational story for the business community. Plus it’s a fun social event that connects, promotes and supports local businesses, Women in Business and the community.
Women In Business is a not for profit organisation and the committee are all volunteers, so ticket sale profit, raffle tickets and donations will all go to the charity. Florist Helen Jackson from Rosebud Flowers is providing complimentary dramatic floral centre pieces and the projector is complimentary from Rollits.
Tickets cost £18pp